Updated Student Housing Policy - Effective Fall 2022

For their first two semesters as a BYU student, all single undergraduate students must live (1) in BYU On-Campus Housing, (2) in BYU Off-Campus Contracted Housing, or (3) with qualifying family members. This applies to all single BYU undergraduate students, including transfer students, who are matriculated, meaning they have been admitted to a degree-seeking program.

Contracting Dates and Times

On-Campus Housing contracting for the 18 and Under community for Fall-Winter 2022-23 is now available. If the bedspace type you are looking for is not available, you can submit a waiting list request to request a specific bedspace type. The waiting list is now open.

For the 19 and Over community, students who have not met the two semester requirement for the Student Housing Policy may contract for available bedspaces. Students who have met the requirement may add themselves to the waiting list.

Contracting Dates and Times

Petitions for exceptions to the Student Housing Policy are submitted by students who are currently required to stay in BYU On-Campus Housing or BYU Off-Campus Contracted Housing.

Students living with qualifying family members must submit documentation.

Students who are not admitted to BYU but are attending BYU Hawaii, BYU Idaho, or Ensign College may live in BYU Off-Campus Contracted Housing after submitting proof of enrollment.

Students who are trying to sell their contract for an Off-Campus BYU-contracted property may submit a request to have their contract posted under the available bedspaces pages on the BYU Residence Life website.

View full calendar